Re: OS X Install

От Dan Sugalski
Тема Re: OS X Install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 9:20 AM -0400 10/21/04, John DeSoi wrote:
>On Oct 21, 2004, at 4:43 AM, David Teran wrote:
>
>>One thing is for sure: MacOS X, neither panther (10.3) nor jaguar
>>(10.2) have a user named 'postgres' as default. And Apple Remote
>>Desktop 2.x which uses internally a postgres 7.3.2 database to
>>store statistic data does not use the postgres user afaik, it uses
>>root...
>
>I'll take your word for it. I just can't recall creating one, yet it
>was there. Maybe from something I did with fink. I see a mysql user
>also. I know I did not create or install that :).

Fink creates a postgres user, amongst others, as part of the base
install. (Well, it's one of the strongly suggested packages, but
close enough since pretty much everyone puts it in)
--
                Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk

От: nd02tsk@student.hig.se
Сообщение: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL
От: David Helgason
Сообщение: Re: table size/record limit